Monday, June 23, 2008

Grace = God’s Unmerited Favour


Have you heard a saying that goes, “世上没有丑女人,只有懒女人”. Corporate Day is the usual routine for Mondays, taking Nikita’s advice, I tried something different, skirt, accessories, high heels, lip gloss… Everyone seems surprise with my style today, receiving compliments… People question where am I going after this… One of the juniors even tried to put his shoulders over me, but I swayed away. Library was cold, and I gave up at last, return home. Mid term’s this Wednesday. Dinner with Amy was great, and I received two good news, Nikita found a job in Kumon, starting today, and Amy found a job at the Old Klang Road… Cheers to the new job, and I hope they’ll get used to the new environment too… Changing some light bulbs, I wonder if one day girls will take over guys’ job and vice versa…

Recalling last Thurs, it was the AGM for BAS. Once again, I was given the chance on stage. Handling the nomination, it was again another joyful experienced… I thank God, as I recalled back, things happen for a reason, the moment I can’t make it to BAC, I remained in BBA. This followed by opportunities from getting involved in BA Society, Chi Wei interviewed me to join his team in SRC, a position in SRC, even though I did not give him an answer during the interview…And the rest was history… I gained experience, friendship through all these opportunities. Recalling a question by Mr Kuek, my advisor, “who’s the next chairman?” “Well, we’ll find out soon…” “Grace, I’m sure you know it, don’t you?” “If only I knew who the next chairman is” Anyway, the AGM went on smoothly, with the spotting Mr Kuek joining us in the ice-breaking activity… Coming back home tiring, filled with mixed feelings, and two surprises came over… First from Chi Wei, pack back from KFC… Am actually touched, as what matters most is the heart… 2nd from Weiqi, a teddy on my pillow before I slept… Thanks, so much… Really… The colour gives such a warm feel, and reflects how much she understands me…

Friday, I’m going home!!! Morning devotion, tears fell off my cheeks, and this feeling continued until Saturday… Maybe all I need is time… Back home in the rain… All night prayer in church, God’s presence was so strong… Saturday morning… Breakfast with dad, and dad prayed with me… Again, tears dropped abundantly, was it the stress I gone through? Or just tears of joy? But I was so touched when dad spent this time with me… People always regard me as PK (Pastor’s Kid), so expectation is somehow higher… Recalling years back, I kept this a secret from school friends… But I’m proud to announce it now, as it’s such a privilege to serve God. Indeed, God has blessed my family and I abundantly throughout the years… As my hands types, tears drops all over again…

Time to get started… Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and future. Throughout the years, God kept His promise, and this promise continues…



No comments: